Two year, 3800 mile torture test of the Renegade 1000XXC Get-torqed edition. - Renegade discussion - can-am ATV Forums - can-amtalk.com

Photo

Two year, 3800 mile torture test of the Renegade 1000XXC Get-torqed edition.

Get-torqed The Bom Racing Cvtech STM Intake Dominators Super NOS 51mm TB Cold Air

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Go Hard

Go Hard

To the PIN & GRIN!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6929 posts
  • Interests:You name it I try to ride it, Mountain bikes, Pit Bikes, Dirt bikes, Sleds. Pretend to be a mechanic.
  • Your Ride:2013 Outlander 1000 XTP with some stuff, 20XX Renegade 1108 Turbo, 2011 Commander X + REAR seats. (Hers).

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

Hello everyone, I figured I would pass on a few things that we have learned over the last two years with the 1000 Renegade XXC.  Please read this information and decipher it as you see fit.  Some of you know that I am the owner of Get-torqed, that being said, we are fortunate enough to have access to all of the go fast goodies that money can buy.  I will list out what we have been testing on my personal Renegade and what has worked.  Some of you know me and some don't.  If I test a product and it works, we sell it, if It dont work, we dont sell it. 

As the topic title states, I purchased this Rennegade in September over two years ago, it has been cross country raced, it has been mud raced, it has been in two 24 hour endurance ice races, coutntless 6 hour races.  It has been ridden in the muskeg, ridden in the mountains, I have skipped water with it.  It has been ridden hard to say the least.

We have laid out the ground work...

Here is what has made the cut, in no particular order;

The Bom Racing "Super Magnum" cams, In my opinion, these cams are a great cam for the XC, MUD, Drag racer guy that is looking for a cam that will run in the confines of the stock ecu.  We have raced this cam at 7000-7900 rpm shift outs.  It down right gets the job done.  I have tried many cams in the 1000 and this cam is a no brainer.  There are other cams that make more peak HP but this one builds HP fast and holds.  I will include a video of me winning the over 800cc (no power adder class just to show how fast it moves out).

BM/GT 51mm throttle body, it has been working very well, not choppy at all, no reversion, it just helps get the required air into our corked up air boxes.  Now, some 1000's will not run them, I have seen the MAP sensors go out of range and cause reversion but on my bike, it loves it.

Ported air box, these are a cost effective way to help get more air into the air filter chamber.  Hole saw and peal and stick.  I have had no issues with getting water past the water resistent screens.  Now I dont spend much time with my handle bars under the water either!

Next, clutching, I feel that this is the first time that Can Am as got the stock clutching pretty good.  But the stock primary will still slip on its self.  We have been running a CVTECH primary paired with an STM Driven on this Gade since its first trail ride.  We put 3500 kms on the first belt.  I tried the machined, hardened outter spider fix, added a clutch kit, ran a machined OEM secondary and custom helix also but lost 6rwhp on the dyno.  So the CVTECH and STM combo's are a winner in my books.  This Gade runs 77-78rwhp at 2300' elevation on motor and 95 rwhp on NOS.  We have had zero issues with the clutches.  You must run the updated cover with the CVTECH though.  At Get-torqed, we dont order the regular cover anyway.  Its a very cost effective way to efficiently get your HP and torque to the ground.

Exhaust, we have tried many different headers and set ups but found that if you port out the stock head pipes, run our Dominator duals or one of our slip ons.  They are as good or if not better than most of the full systems.  I like the stock header style because it creates a lot less heat in the under seat and engine compartment.  We are currently done testing our NEW Super Nasty full system.  It has a BIG header system and a different style single can.  It has proven to hold onto the HP a littler longer than the stock headers...  Stay tuned for updates on that system, it will be sold as a RACE only set up.

Belts, We run the BRP belt only on our endurance race bikes.  We are currently testing a couple of the Gates belts but have not testing long enough to pass a true judgement on them.

With cam's, ported air box, high flowing exhaust and intake set up, we needed to add fuel.  We have been running  a "The Bom Racing" edition Boss Noss Dobeck which adds fuel on and off the nitrous.  It has worked flawless for throttle response, wicked easy to tune and is simple.

The last piece that I have been running is the first ever 1000cc G2 custom intake that fellow rider and CAT member Bullmoose made for us.  It is much larger and does flow a lot of air.

Here's some proof of how my Gade runs, as I mentioned, please decipher as you see fit.  I have listed some of the most cost effective and best performing parts and bits that anyone can add to their Rennegade 1000 and some of it will work on the Outlander 1000.

"Time which passes, never to return"

#2 MGRAM

MGRAM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1854 posts
  • Your Ride:2012 Renegade 1000

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

Thank you for all the hard work and money invested into all the testing in what works.
2012 Renegade 1000, properly gapped spark plugs
2007 Renegade 800, fully charged battery

#3 Go Hard

Go Hard

To the PIN & GRIN!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6929 posts
  • Interests:You name it I try to ride it, Mountain bikes, Pit Bikes, Dirt bikes, Sleds. Pretend to be a mechanic.
  • Your Ride:2013 Outlander 1000 XTP with some stuff, 20XX Renegade 1108 Turbo, 2011 Commander X + REAR seats. (Hers).

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

Here's a few pictures to show parts and some of the two year accomplishments with this build.  Thanks to all and everyone who have helped me in any way to do this.

Kevin

Attached Files

#4 Go Hard

Go Hard

To the PIN & GRIN!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6929 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

There are more but that would just be bragging, I think you guys get the point...

Attached Files

#5 THEBOM

THEBOM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Let's race
  • Your Ride:DS Outy Reney

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:14 PM

Great job as always!!!!!

#6 Go Hard

Go Hard

To the PIN & GRIN!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6929 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

Thank you. I forgot to add our speed box to this list, without it, we would never get the high speeds required for ice racing. It's a plug in line speed override box, no programming required. Plug and ride.

#7 SlowKrawl

SlowKrawl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:Anything that makes compression.
  • Your Ride:2012 outlander 1000

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

You have my outlander in your shop, currently getting 90% of the parts you just listed. I'm excited to get back out riding!

#8 Go Hard

Go Hard

To the PIN & GRIN!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6929 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

Awesome, well you know we have done our homework.

Thanks for choosing us.

#9 mudblogger

mudblogger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2390 posts
  • Interests:IC engines and things with IC engines : )
  • Your Ride:outlander XMR

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

can I borrow your pit crew? I would like some trophies too!! LOL

#10 KWIK RACING INC.

KWIK RACING INC.

W. F. O.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5318 posts
  • Interests:NHRA Drag Racing - GNCC Racing - CMR Championship Mud Racing - Supercross - FMX - X Games - Snow and Water Skiing - PWC Racing
  • Your Ride:2007 Renegade (stolen) 2010 Renegade Xxc (present)

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

nice to see Kev.. gees lots of views ... no comments?  lmao..

-----------------------------------------------
2010 CAM-AM G1 GT RENEGADE XXC 1000RR MAVERICK HEADED ENGINE ... with other goodies..
Stock Bore 1000 making 102.98 RWHP / NA
-----------------------------------------------

#11 Bullmoose

Bullmoose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Your Ride:2010 Renegade Xxc, Full Skids, Custom Bumper, UHMW Frame Mod, Custom Stealth CVT EXH, Graphics Kit, Blue Gauge, Custom Rear Bumper wth LED lights, 28" Zillas, Viper Elite 3000#, Custom Gauge pod, 909 Bullmoose Edition BBK, Bullmoose Intake, Cams, Monster ECU, CvTech & STM, Leo Vince Pipe with big head pipes

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:57 AM

I have to say I've been proud to be on both the R&D crew as well as being able to torture test the parts as well. Thanks for letting me be a part of the ride!!!

#12 mudblogger

mudblogger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2390 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

while all the racing parts are cool, no doubt, the best intake mod I have is the 48mm TB I got from GT.

the throttle response, acceleration and grin factor is amazing! 

how about some info for the 'little' peeps? how much attention have GT given to just a slightly larger TB w/ slip-on muff?

as for the clutchs, if the ATV parts suck why hasn't BRP upgraded them with their sled parts? or do they suck too?

#13 tommilicious

tommilicious

I'm awesome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3548 posts
  • Interests:ATV Riding
  • Your Ride:DS 450X

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

Good write up, nice work!

Riding anything I got

#14 too much

too much

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Your Ride:08 Renegade X

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

I love this machine, he's been trying to sell it to me lately...."it's been babied Too much, you should buy it"

He beats the hell out of this thing.

I had the pleasure of running it in the top dog drag class at last years Battenfelder drag event on nitrous.

I cut some decent lights and went quite a few round spraying the house down.

The combo works very well.

#15 25TH INFANTRY

25TH INFANTRY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4527 posts
  • Your Ride:2010 Renegade XXC 800R //// 2011 Outty XXC 800R

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

while all the racing parts are cool, no doubt, the best intake mod I have is the 48mm TB I got from GT.

how about some info for the 'little' peeps? how much attention have GT given to just a slightly larger TB w/ slip-on muff?

as for the clutchs, if the ATV parts suck why hasn't BRP upgraded them with their sled parts? or do they suck too?

where does one get a slip on muff :D

#16 mudblogger

mudblogger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2390 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

from GET-TORQUED of course. he has a clothing line and stickers as well....lol  good for 5-7 HP!!

#17 7shortmag

7shortmag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5513 posts
  • Interests:Benchrest Shooting, Custom Gun Building, ATV Riding, Spending time with my family.
  • Your Ride:2010 Outty XTP, 975 MRRPM BBK, Modified QSC Primary, Modified STM Secondary, UHMW Frame Mod, GoHard Skid Plates, 26" Bighorn 1.0, ITP Rims, Stadium Shocks, HMF Swamp Series, Open Air Box, MRRPM Gen 2 Cams, Tune Monster ECM, Spark Monster, Port and Polished Heads, Greaseable Steering Stem Bushing, Brass A Arm Bushings, Billet Aluminum wheel hubs, Billet aluminum through shaft, 10" Rigid light bar, MRRPM remote oil filter adaptor, Remote oil cooler, More seat time than anyone else on the planet.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:35 AM

Now that's funny right there.......................................

Nobody Gets In to See The Wizard!, Not Nobody, Not No How!

#18 Go Hard

Go Hard

To the PIN & GRIN!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6929 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

MB, you know that we have had great success with running the 48mm tapered throttle body and slip on's.  I have seen 68-70rwhp with the right build.  Actually its called the Lil Nasty performance kit that we offer in house.  We will have the website up soon with the kits on there.

#19 fstang24

fstang24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Off roading, trucks, guns, and tech
  • Your Ride:2012 Can Am Renegade 1000

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

Where can one purchase this throttle body and how much? Are they for the 1000?
2012 CAN-AM RENEGADE 1000
MODS COMING SOON
MR.GO FAST

#20 Go Hard

Go Hard

To the PIN & GRIN!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6929 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:10 AM

Where can one purchase this throttle body and how much? Are they for the 1000?

We sell them but you are closer to The Bom Racing, I'd contact him.  Or contact us [email protected] or call 780-465-5780.

http://www.thebomrac...nt=main.contact

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Get-torqed, The Bom Racing, Cvtech, STM, Intake, Dominators, Super, NOS, 51mm TB, Cold Air

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users